Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Way to start the week!

It's no surprise I LOVE GETTING MAIL!  I mean, I don't care if it's a letter, a little card saying "Hey Kristi. I miss you and wanted you to know I was thinking of you!" (hint hint) , or a big box full of goodies.  

Well that's exactly what happened Monday morning!  I love the sound of the delivery man ringing my bell (I mean, let's face it.  There are only two people who ring my bell, and I happened to know that one of them was not available for a visit at that moment which meant this HAD to be the delivery man!) My kids even get uber excited and run to the door like crazy people their momma.

This awesome, jam-packed box happened to be from my dad and his sweet wife, Esther.  :)

Here's a funny stor
y for you about my dad.  When we called to tell him we received the box, he asked, "Was there a sheet of foil laying over the top of everything when you opened the box?"  I told him there was, and he said, "Good.  That means that they didn't open your box."  When I asked him if that was why he laid the foil on top of everything, he surprised me by saying, "No.  I laid it on there to keep the food temperature controlled."  Ha!  So smart actually!  Gotta love dads and the way their noggins work sometimes.

These boys LOVE opening boxes so much that they have a routine for when it happens. I sit the box on the table and they promptly mount the table while I fetch a pair of scissors.  :)

out goes everything, one by one

Another Dad idea to save space: pour the macaroni noodles from the box with lots of empty space in it into a baggie and ship it along with the cheese to make room for even more mac and cheese in the box.  :)

They sent us their favorite tortillas that you warm up in a pan on the stove.  C was all over that!  I had to warm one up for him as soon as he took them out of the box.  That's my boy!

P could hardly wait for me to open a cereal bar for him.... and this was after he had already gobbled up a package of fruit snacks.  :)

Yay for all these yummies from home!!!!!
 Thanks, Dad and Esther, for starting our week off just right!  We loved everything you sent and felt the love all the way on the other side of the world.