Thursday, October 18, 2012

bubble lady & beach celebrities

Because I didn't start this blog until a few weeks into our Korean adventure, I have yet to blog about all of the amazing memories from our first two weeks in Busan, South Korea.  As this blog serves as a written history of our family's adventures, it's important that I backtrack a bit and do some posts from our first two weeks here.  Enjoy!


We saw many different types of people on our walk to the beach on this day.  Here are just a few:

This is Busan's Kite Man.  I saw him many times as we were out walking the boardwalk.  He is definitely a kite master.  There were times he had MANY kites going at once.  He'd have them tethered on to different places: himself, his bike, etc..


This booth takes a photo of you with the beach as a backdrop and then emails it to you.....at least that's what I think it does!  It's all in Korean, so I have no idea how to make it work.  Trust me, I tried.

The old man on the right can often be seen playing this guitar on the boardwalk.  He has a music book next to him that I'd like to get a good look at.  It looks packed with music and handwritten notes from long ago.  Pretty cool.

When we got to the beach, the boys wanted me to blow bubbles for them.
chasing the bubbles


Connar wanted to blow the bubbles using the bubble wand, but he shook it so hard the liquid just flew off.  Can't blame him for trying though.  :)

check out the girls behind us...
 I was the bubble lady for the boys and was acting silly while doing it to make them giggle.  I know I looked ridiculous, but hey, the things we do for our kids, right?

 
 
 
 
 
 










I'm soooo lucky and blessed to be their mommy.






This sequence of photos is just hilarious, especially the ones toward the end.  These girls were precious!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Oh, what it is like to be a beach celebrity!  :)