Sunday, October 7, 2012

hot chocolate & baked goods...yum!

One thing that's easy to see if you visit or live here is that Koreans love their coffee and bakeries.  I am not exaggerating when I say there's a Starbucks or some other coffee shop and a bakery on every corner and two in between.

We've been taking full advantage of this great Fall weather the past week by walking to the park, grabbing some Starbucks (hot chocolate with no whip cream for me & white chocolate mocha for Talton), and even checking out our new favorite bakery a couple times, Paris Baguette.



We originally went in to this bakery to find a good treat that Talton tried at work recently and was raving about.  They didn't have it (they were sold out of quite a bit of stuff since it was Chuseok), but we didn't go away empty handed.

Here are just some of our yummy treats from this day:
This was a delicious waffle with powdered sugar.  It came with a little container of maple syrup, but the boys loved it the way it was so we happily avoided a sticky mess with the syrup.
This was a cream puff with powdered sugar on the outside that Talton loved.
 
I was pretty excited to try these, because they reminded me of kolaches (Oh how I miss Kolache Factory!).  However, they didn't taste like the kolaches I'm used to, because the sausage seemed like it wasn't quite cooked long enough.  It was hard and kind of crunchy.
I have to say that sitting outside a bakery with my guys, a hot chocolate, and some yummy treats isn't a bad way to spend an afternoon.  :)

We went back to Paris Baguette a day later to try some more treats!  :)
Talton picked this out, and I wasn't eager to try it when we got home.  But after he proclaimed, "It tastes like a sopapilla!", it took me all of 5 seconds to find the honey in the cabinet and find out for myself if it tasted like a sopapilla.  I'm happy to report that it did!  This donut twist with sugar on the outside was delish!
Our haul from this visit.  :)
Bring on the cinnamon roll!!!!!
Now this is what I'm talking about!  It tastes as good as it looks.  It almost reminds me of a Cinnabon cinnamon roll from home, but with just a little less icing.  It was soooooo good!