Thursday, October 4, 2012

cutie patootie updates

These are some random pictures from the past week of C & P.  Eat your heart out!


Parker is getting to be so big!  He is now wearing the same size pants as Connar, but we do have to roll up the bottoms because he's not quite tall enough for them yet.

He is talking more and more every day.  His favorite word right now is "Stop".  Lovely, right?  What's great about it is that he does actually use it correctly.  I never wish away time, but I do absolutely LOVE that my baby is starting to talk where I can understand what he's saying.  We are still far off from him being able to express his needs, but I know that will come in time.  For now, I'll take the "stop", even if it's when I'm trying to give him just one more kiss.  :)

He now sleeps in a big boy bed, his baby bed converted where the front of the bed was taken off.  Oh the joys of new freedom when you're suppose to be sleeping.  :)

Something that makes him giggle a big belly giggle lately is when I tell him to kiss me, he leans in to kiss me, and I turn my head so he kisses my cheek.  I tell him, "You missed!", and he just laughs and laughs!

He is very opinionated right now.  He has a certain handful of movies that he likes to watch every. single. day.  I've been known to hide those movies up high now and then so he's (and us too!) forced to watch something different.  If it were up to him, he'd watch one of three Toy Story movies, one of two Cars movies, or Puss in Boots back to back all day long, every day.

Even at 19 1/2 months old, he's pretty proficient on the iPad.  He knows how to get to the kids' games folder or his movies that we've downloaded.  If you need help navigating your iPad, just ask him or his big brother.  Just don't ask them to talk to you on Skype, because the novelty of that has come and go.  If you're one of our special weekly or more often Skype chats, please don't be offended if Parker only wants to give you the time of day to say "bye bye" and blow you a kiss.  He does it to everyone.  But just look how cute that face looking at you saying goodbye will be.....







Connar is such a ham!  I taught him how to chew gum this week, and Talton taught him how to drop kick a ball.  He is about four weeks away from his 3rd birthday, and acts every bit his age.  One minute he is the most polite, kind boy, and the next....oh geez, watch out!  I always said if the twos are terrible, then the threes better be terrific and the fours better be fantastic.  We shall see.  :)

My favorite time of the day with him is at night when I put him in bed.  He likes to say his prayers, sing me a song which is almost always "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and then I sing him a song.  Without fail, before I can catch my breath after singing to him, he says, "Next song, Mommy."  If it were up to him, he'd have me singing for hours.  I'm sure it's because of my beautiful voice and not because he's stalling to go to sleep, right?!  :)

I bought him a dry erase board, colored markers, and a little eraser as a treat on a recent outing, and he's doing such a great job making his letter C.  Yes, it's backward, but it's a C nonetheless.  Yay, Monkey!  Now we're practicing O. When I attempt to teach him to spell his name or count to 20, he just starts acting all silly.  We'll get there eventually.  He's so stinkin smart, but he has more important things to do in his almost 3 year old life.....