Monday, October 22, 2012

I never ever want to forget...

You know, it's 10:20 at night, my husband is out of town on business, and I find myself snapping pictures of my kids sleeping while I have a couple loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away, a bed that needs clean sheets put on it, and a floor that needs to be mopped.  Why, you might ask, am I taking pictures of my kids instead of taking care of these other things.  Here's why.

I never ever want to forget...

*how even though I was exhausted by the end of the day and prayed that they would actually stay in their beds tonight and not meet me at their doors peeking out 17 times before actually falling asleep, I secretly kind of hope they get up just once more so I can kiss their sweet faces one more time tonight.

*how Connar says his nightly prayers.  Sometimes I squeeze my eyes shut and hold my breath so I don't miss a thing while he says them, and I try my very, very best to ingrain his little boy voice and little boy pronunciations into my head.

Now I wainy down to sleep
I pway de ward my soul to take.
If I should die before I wake
I pway de ward my soul to keep. 


 *how their little bodies look sleeping in their beds.


It's because of these things and so many more that the laundry sometimes has to wait, a bed might be slept in without being properly made for one night, and a floor might have to go another day without being mopped.  I'm okay with that, because I know that I'll never get today back.  Tomorrow they will be a day older.  I can't wait until my littles wake up tomorrow.  I miss them already.  With that said, I'm wrapping this up now, because I want to go sneak in another kiss on two little boys' cheeks before today is officially over and history.