Friday, October 5, 2012

big boy bed

This is what Parker was doing for a few weeks--pulling himself up on the side or corner of his baby bed.  He never tried to swing his legs over to climb out.

 


Well let me rephrase that.  He never tried to climb out of his baby bed...until last Saturday at nap time.  And he didn't do it just once.  He did it over and over again.

The first time I realized he did it was when I looked at the monitor and he was laying down, I looked away, and then out of the corner of my eye I saw a whiz of little baby boy flashing on the screen.  I looked up just in time to see him running out of the frame of the monitor.  I took off for his room, not sure if he hurt himself or not by climbing out.  Turns out he was fine AND proud of himself for climbing out successfully.  I knew he had been eyeballing his big brother climbing in and out of Parker's bed recently, so it was just a matter of time before P took a stab at it.  Monkey see, monkey do.

That night before bed (because once the baby climbs out, he just has to go to a toddler bed because we don't want him to hurt himself by trying to climbing out in the middle of the night), all 3 guys got to work disassembling the front of the baby bed so it would now be a toddler bed.  Connar and Parker had a ball choosing their tools to help their daddy with the bed.  :)

 
 
 
 

And there goes our last baby bed...
 
 

To say Parker was excited about his toddler bed is the understatement of a lifetime.  He ran after Talton, not to go after the front of the baby bed but rather to slam the door shut behind him, and then he climbed right on in his new and improved toddler bed like the big boy he is.  :)

 
P laid in bed while C continued working on the bed with tools.  :)

This is my sad face because no baby bed means he's growing up.  The only thing left that makes him any sort of a baby is diapers.  Converting his bed is one step closer to a real big boy.


And this is my happy face because I love that he's growing up and becoming an even more amazing little guy every day.  There's no time for sad faces around here, and there's nothing to be sad about.  We have healthy, growing boys!  :)


Here's Parker standing tall after his first full night in his toddler bed.  He was not happy about not being able to open the door whenever he wanted, but he loved sleeping in that bed so much that...

..he grabbed his milk from me and then ran back to lay in his bed!  :)