Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kool-Aid

I haven't made Kool-Aid in I don't know how long.  So long that I know for sure that I haven't made Kool-Aid since Talton and I have been together, and that's been 13 years.  My mom has mailed us a couple boxes since we've been in Korea, and in each one of them she puts several packages of Kool-Aid.  In the very first box she sent us, along with the Kool-Aid, was a note that read, "so you can see why I stopped allowing Kool-Aid in my house about 20 years ago".  Now why in the world would I be encouraged to start making it now at my house?!  I know I don't have carpet to stain here, but we do have clothes that I don't want stained.

Welllll the Kool-Aid has been sitting by its lonesome in the cabinet until this week.  One day this week we were Skyping my mom and she asked Connar, "Has Mommy made you Kool-Aid yet?"  Nice, Mom.  Nice.  So up I went to make the first pitcher of Kool-Aid in a very long time. 

Seeing as though I have this whole stack of flavors to choose from, I went with an oldie but a goodie.... Tropical Punch.  My favorite!  It wasn't long before I remembered how much I love this flavor, and only this flavor, of Kool-Aid.  The boys loved it too, OF COURSE.  And I'm happy to report that we finished this pitcher of Kool-Aid with no stains.  Woo hoo!

 
It took these three utensils to get the job of stirring done.  I started with the silver spoon and soon realized it was way too wide for that narrow pitcher.  Then, I noticed that some of the Kool-Aid was stuck in the corner crevices, so I used the tip of the knife to help with that.  The wooden spoon was used to finish the stirring in the narrow pitcher.  Goodness, that's too many utensils to wash for just one pitcher of Kool-Aid.  Lesson learned.
What's hilarious about this is that they're sitting the exact same way.  :)  I love them!