Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Why?

Here's what I want need to know.

Why?  Why can't a mother use the restroom in peace and quiet and without an audience?  I mean don't get me wrong, it's lovely to have my own personal cheerleader ("You going potty, Mommy?  Good job, Mommy.  I so proud of you, Mommy.  I told you you tummy feel better, Mommy.  You want a treat?"), but sometimes I'd like to do my thing alone. 

I tried that tonight.  I tried to go in here by myself.
Thinking I was outsmarting them, I didn't turn a single light on that led to the restroom, nor any light IN the restroom.....you know, so they couldn't follow me..  And just as I'm sitting down and giving myself a pat on the back for coming up with such a great idea, I hear, "Where's mommy?  MOMMY!  Where are you?" 

Aw crap.  They found me.


Again, I pose this question... Why can't a mother use the restroom in peace and quiet????  I'm positive this is an age old question, but if anyone out there has an answer to this, please reply away.  Thanks in advance.  :)