Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


Love is in the air around here!  After all, it is "Balemtime's" Day, as Connar says.

I made pancakes for my three loves this morning, because, well, they all love them.  :)

After pancakes, the boys dug into their little Valentine gifts.  They had some from Talton & I as well as some from their GrammE.

Talton and I exchanged cards, and he even gave me some Korean candy on our first Korean Valentine's Day!  The little box on the left are cheesecake caramels.  I may not be able to make the "DIY Chocolate for Sweetie" because every bit of the directions are in Korean, but I still enjoyed this stuff.  He knew that I'd get a kick out of that, and that's why I always say, it's the little things.  Thank you, baby.  I love you!


Here are the boys' valentines we made for their little friends.


We even received some delicious Valentine's cupcakes from a sweet friend!

I took the boys to play at a place they love...Hello Kitty!

Connar acted as the conductor of the train....for at least 5 rides!  He kept telling the cute Korean girl working the train, "One more time!", and she was such a doll for indulging him.  If hugging her for such a small act of kindness toward my little boy was appropriate, I totally would've.
 



After taking Parker for his first ride in the boat (P wasn't interested in it the last time we went), Parker went on to make a few laps all on his own.  :)  How fun is this for them?!


We enjoyed (and devoured every bite of!) our Valentine's Day dinner last weekend when we celebrated a little early at our favorite Italian restaurant here.  Yum!

Oh, their GrammE also sent them a present to open the night before Valentine's Day....a book fittingly titled "The Night Before Valentine's Day".  Super cute!!

I hope that you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day as much as we did.  I love to shower my family with love every single day, but I love Valentine's Day for the simple fact that it's an extra day for me to show them how much they mean to me.  I love you T, C, and P!


Here are a few fun facts about "love days" in Korea:

* February 14 = Valentine's Day
Women give gifts to men on this day.  They do not exchange gifts between each other, which is why one of T's male coworkers thought it was odd when he told them he gave me a card and candy this morning.  Ha!  When T got to work this morning, he found tons of candy on his desk.  When he looked around, he saw that it was on all the guys' desks only, and that's when he found out about this cultural difference.
Considering this is our 14th Valentine's day together, this is the first candy he's ever gotten from another woman in at least that many years, and maybe since elementary school when everyone exchanges valentines.  I think it's totally awesome!  I love this kind of cultural stuff and really think it's so cool.  Plus, the boys will be super excited to see that purple, pink, and red Korean fruit candy....they love it!

* March 14 = White Day
Men give gifts to women on this day to reciprocate the love given on Valentine's Day.

* April 14 = Black Day
This one's for the single people who gather with their single friends, often dressed in black, to eat jajangmyeon (Korean noodles with black bean sauce) to celebrate their singledom.