Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday Thoughts 2.21.13

What's going on in your world?  Here are some random thoughts and what's up with us lately:
  • Talton & I are super happy about a trip we're planning to Tokyo Disney in April!  Neither of us have ever been to Disney in the U.S., so it's kind of funny and really neat that our first experience with Disney will be in another country.  We are both like little kids we're so excited!
  • I'm so over the cold.  Don't get me wrong, it has been a nice change of pace to actually have a winter because we don't get that in Houston.  BUT (and it's a big but) I'm tired of being stuck inside most days of the week, because it's just too frickin cold to take these boys out.  Getting Parker to keep gloves on his hands for more than 3 minutes is like asking me to eat a bowl of kimchi...it ain't happening.  I can't wait to throw on my flip flops and take these boys outside more! 
  • Talton and I are loving watching some of our favorite American TV shows via iTunes.  Do any of you watch The Amazing Race?  We looooove it....so much so (and this is where our competitive sides come out) that we choose a team to win the whole thing in the first 5 minutes of the first episode....and then get in each other's faces when our team does better than the other's.  We're also into Ax Men and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (okay, maybe T doesn't live for this show but he's a great hubby who indulges me :)  ).  Some of our other favorites that we've bought past seasons of on iTunes and we're anxiously waiting on them to come back on are Parenthood and Whale Wars.....oh, and Real Housewives of New Jersey.  :)
  • Apparently our 3 year old didn't get the memo on his third birthday that he's officially out of the "Terrible 2" stage.  Honestly, he is an amazing kid!  We love how independent, talkative, funny, energetic, loveable, and smart our 3 year old is, and most of the time I question what people mean when they say the "Thunderous 3's".  I don't know where he got the money, but somewhere recently he bought a "brave hat" and a "big attitude", because he thinks "No", "I don't have to", and screaming to get what he wants is gonna fly around here.  I hear this is completely normal behavior and I'm sure my parents are thinking "What goes around comes around".  I've also caught myself saying to him, "I know your hearing works.  I've had it checked"....yeah Mom, laugh it up....just remember what you felt like when you said that to me 30 years ago while you're giggling.  Anywho, we'll keep chugging along with that fun stuff (insert sarcasm here) until what I'm praying is the "Fantastic 4's" arrives....oh wait, then we'll be revisiting the 3's all over again with P.  What are the chances he'll learn from his big brother?????  A mommy and daddy can hope, can't they??
  • We officially have some of my favorite people coming to visit us this summer!!!  I'm beyond excited for my sister Kelsie, my brothers DJ and Ryan, and Ryan's girlfriend Kaylon to get here!  I catch myself thinking, "Oh, I want to take them here or there" all the time.  I'm especially over the moon for them to not only travel internationally for the first time but also for them to get this amazing life experience of seeing the world and how another culture lives.
  • I still have the decorations up from Parker's Toy Story birthday party a week ago.  I'm talking full on decorations hanging from the ceiling and everything.  The only thing missing is the cupcake with the candle.  I feel like the people who don't take their Christmas lights down until May.  Whatever, it makes him happy to see Slinky Dog hanging above his chair at the table.  I'll take it down soon enough.
  • I can't believe it's nearly March!  Crazy how time flies.
  • And with March this year comes Easter.  Is it just me or does it feel a little odd to have Easter in March?  I always equate March with Spring Break and April with Easter.  I've been shopping online for the boys' Easter basket goodies from the Easter Bunny.  Our Easter Bunny brings the boys bathing suits every year....funny, my Easter Bunny use to do the same thing!  What a small world! ;)  I have a feeling he's (wait a minute...Does the Easter Bunny have to be a "he"? Can it be a "she" instead?  Food for thought..) going to bring them some other fun goodies too.  The thing is, I have to ship it all to my mom and have her pack up boxes to send me.  Not cheap, but worth it.  :)  I figure that I'd rather pay for a couple boxes FULL of stuff for the same price I'd pay for a couple items to ship here alone.
  • I hear there's a massage place near my building that I'm considering trying.  As long as it's not as rough as my Thai massage was, I'll be good.  :)
  • For those of you that don't know, we don't ever watch TV here.  Most of the channels are in Korean, and the ones that are in English are reruns of old crime show sitcoms or an old movie every now and then.  Even the kids' shows are in Korean.  Of course they are, because we do live in Korea.  So we just don't watch TV.  (Funny thing...When we were in Houston for nearly 5 1/2 weeks a couple months ago, I completely forgot to ever turn the TV on to watch any show because I was so use to not watching television.)  We have TONS of kid movies that are usually background noise for whatever is going on around here, and Talton and I rent or buy shows and movies from iTunes.  My point is, I miss American TV.  What I'd do to watch daily episodes of Ellen.  I can't seem to figure out how to watch that show either on iTunes or on the internet, so if anyone knows, please fill a girl in.  Thanks. :)
  • I'm really loving that Connar is getting better about putting his underwear on the right way.  Although, I will miss seeing two legs in one hole or, better yet, the front in the back.  Ha!
  • I love shopping online.  It's so convenient, and I can be a tad indecisive sometimes (What can I say?  I'm a little bit of a perfectionist and want to get things right the first time.) which is why shopping online is so good for me.  I can put it in my cart, think about it for a while, compare it to other possibilities, and delete it later if I decide against it or find something I like better.
  • I hate plucking my eyebrows, and I've had to resort to that because the one place I've seen that waxes here is in the mall at The Brow Bar, and it costs like $30.   Um, no ma'am.  I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather spend my money on than getting that done once or twice a month...by shopping online, of course!  :)
Okay, I think I'll wrap up these random thoughts for now.  I hope you all have a beautiful Thursday wherever you are.....Busan was gorgeous today!  xoxo