Wednesday, February 13, 2013

a trip to the grocery store

I took my camera to the grocery store this week to capture the greeter that stands outside the parking garage and directs you in with some pretty fancy hand movements.  As luck would have it though, the day I bring my camera to snap a picture of him/her, he/she is not outside.  I don't know if it's because it was too cold or what the deal is (although, I did see a greeter standing inside a clear tent on a cold day recently...wish I had my camera then!), but I was bummed out to not be directed into the parking garage by some jazz hands.  Once I do capture it, I'll be sure to show you because it's a sight to see.  I love it!

Since I had my camera, I took it in with us and snapped these pictures.  :)

C loves to "play" the piano every time we go to the grocery store.  There are signs in Korean around the pianos, but I don't know if they tell you "don't touch"....
Here are some interesting gift sets you can purchase for your family or friends for Lunar New Year.







I just love that there's a tiny cup holder to house P's tiny snack cup while we shop.  :)  This shopping cart also keeps track of how many steps you take and how many calories you burn while pushing the cart.

The toy aisle!!!
 
T applying for a "point card".  They ask every time you check out, so after living here for 10 months, we finally took the time to apply for one.  Not an easy task when the lady at the counter doesn't speak English so we played "guess what you need to apply for a point card" for a little bit before we figured out we needed to give her our ID.  :)

Want to take a ride on the "4D Experience"?  You can do that after you shop!
See, even the grocery store in a new country can be fun!  :)