Friday, August 3, 2012

More than a concert!

After putting the boys to bed tonight, I walked out to the beach to see what this beach concert I could hear inside my condo was all about.  Little did I know how crowded it would be and what else I would come across.  Have I told you lately that I love living on a Korean beach?  This experience is priceless!!

See, I told you that they leave the yellow inner tubes out at night without locking them away somewhere and they just throw a tarp over the chairs.
This was as close as I could get to the big concert.  It's wayyyyyyyyy down there where the bright lights are.  It was so crowded!
I zoomed in with my camera, but I was so far away that this is the best picture I could get of the stage--which is on the other side of that white Cass blimp thing.  They had those big screens out so everyone far away could still see the performers.
There were a handful of caricaturists on the boardwalk.  I couldn't help but think, if my sister was here with me, she'd sit in that chair next to me (we probably wouldn't sit still and quiet enough for that person to draw us though!).  Yes, I know it's probably silly to do that, but I'd totally do it just for the experience.
It was even shoulder to shoulder crowded on my walk back to my condo.  Ridiculously packed!  Can you see all the people sitting on the beach?
This man cracked me up.  When I walked past him the first time, there were too many people around me to stop and take his picture.  I hoped that he would still be there on my way back and he was!  He has a walkie talkie in the other hand (who knows who he is talking to!), a fan and a trash bag in this hand, and that purple hat totally makes his outfit!  Don't you agree?!
It was like they were picnicing at lunch time....except it was 10:00 at night.
I found cowboy boots!
Salsa dancing in Korea!
They were singing for money on the boardwalk.
painting by the moonlight
This was a smaller concert going on on the lawn of the hotel next to my building.
This is what I like to call a "two-fer".  How lucky was I to walk by this couple and get both of these things in one picture?! (1) He was carrying her purse (2) They're wearing matching shirts.
a little guy and his little sister getting fake tattoos - I know where I'm taking C & P tomorrow!  ;)