Monday, April 29, 2013

Fuzzy Navel Tacos

It's crazy how little time restaurants and other businesses stay open and how quickly they close & reopen in such short spans of time around Busan. I must walk up this street near where we live at least 2-3 times a month, if not more, and when we walked up there on Friday night, we spotted a new restaurant that I had never seen before.  It's called Fuzzy Navel Tacos, and being the Mexican food nuts that we are, we had to stop in and give it a shot.

Before moving here and living in Texas all my life, if it said "taco", I was in with no questions asked.
Since living abroad, my taste buds have been on an adventure of their own, branching out and meeting new foods I wouldn't have introduced to them before.  I'm so glad we went for it, because it ended up being pretty yummy.  No, it's not the same as Mexican food back home, but for Korea, it's definitely good and worth visiting again in the future.  I have to say, though, that if I have time to sit and eat a long dinner and want Mexican food here, I'll be hitting up Artista in a hot minute (see pics to make you hungry here and here  :)  ).....delicious Mexican food!  But if I need to get in, order the food, and get it to go, Fuzzy Navel Tacos will be our go to.



For those of you who know what Freebirds is, this place reminds me of that with the laid back atmosphere, music playing, and simple tables and chairs.

How to order:
(1) Main menu -- taco, burrito, quesadilla, chimichanga, or nachos
(2) Meat menu -- seasoned beef, seasoned chicken, seasoned pork, grilled shrimp, bacon & egg & potato
(3) Taste menu -- guacamole, refried beans, fajita style (grilled onions and peppers), ground beef chili
(4) Side menu -- pickles, jalapenos, guacamole, pico de gallo, nacho cheese, mild salsa, spicy salsa, sour cream, sliced avocado
They have appetizers -- chili fries, tortilla pizza (pepperoni), taco salad, fries, "hot & buffalo wing"
You can order "sets" (a full meal with drink) or individual items.
Their drinks range from: coffees, teas, soft drinks, juice, "jutail" (juice + cocktail), beer, to cocktails


This is the chimichanga (on the left...the lettuce and stuff Talton took off are on the right).  It was pretty good.
The description on the menu says it contains "cheese, fried rice, pico de gallo, salsa, jalapenos, olives, and lettuce".

This is a soft beef taco with "salsa, onions, jalapenos, olives, lettuce, sour cream, and cilantro".

I took off most of the stuff on top and added refried beans and sour cream (we ordered both as extras) and then some cheese from my fridge.  :)  It was pretty yummy if I say so myself!

We also ordered guacamole...
 ...and salsa with chips as sides.

 Look at the words on the red banner in the middle of the menu:
"What do your feel like eating?"   :)

Man, typing this post made me very hungry and craving some Mexican food.  If my husband wasn't about to grill steaks for us, I'd be heading on over to Fuzzy Navel Tacos right now...