Friday, June 21, 2013

Thursday Thoughts 6.20.13

Depending on when you read this, it may not actually be Thursday anymore, but I'm still calling it Thursday Thoughts because that's when I started typing it.....and it's my blog so I can do what I want.  :)

  • I know that I started many of my previous Thursday Thoughts with something along the lines of "It's still freezing here," so I'll start this post off with an update on the weather... IT'S WARM!  And sometimes, it's even hot and humid already.  No complaining though, because at least that means we have the option of getting outside and not being stuck inside due to freezing-my-hiney-off temps.  Now if only "rainy season" would hurry and be over, we'll have more sunny days than cloudy days, and that will rock!
  • On our walk to the market today, we walked by a Police Graduation of some sort (on the beach), and out of nowhere they started blaring the theme music from "Beverly Hills Cop" and started singing in Korean.  If I wasn't in the middle of crossing the street with a light about to turn green, I would've recorded it.  Priceless.  I couldn't make that up if I tried.
  • I took some cupcakes to some of my favorite Korean vendors, and this was the conversation with a man who I buy fruit from.
    MAN (as I hand him a cupcake on a cute orange napkin): "Ice cream?"
    ME: "No, cupcake."
    MAN: "Cup. Cake."
    ME: "Yes, strawberry."
    MAN: "Oh, strawberry.  Thank you."

    Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably should've told him to take off the paper wrapper before eating it.  Oopsie.
  • I miss DVR.  I watch some TV shows online, but it only allows me to fast forward to the commercials but not through them.  Ugh.  And I buy some shows on iTunes (which is commercial free), but there are tons of other shows I would normally watch if I didn't have to pay for the season pass to watch it on iTunes.  Again, ugh.
  • I miss my king size bed.  I don't even remember what it's like to sleep in that big of a bed anymore, because it's been 14 months since the last time we slept in our house with all of our own furniture. 
  • I'm waiting anxiously on my new Erin Condren planner to arrive in the mail!  A lady rang our bell yesterday, and thinking she was delivering my package, I ran to the door.  No, seriously, I ran.....and almost took out my 3 year old on the way.  I felt bad because he almost fell over himself with his underwear around his knees (he had just gone potty and wanted to beat me to the door....yeah, go ahead and laugh about that visual for a minute...it was funny) so I did stop long enough to pull his Buzz Lightyear underwear up.  Then, when I opened the door, the lady was walking away as she waved to me, saying something in Korean that was basically, "Sorry, wrong house."  Talk about getting a girl's hopes up.
  • It's nap time around here, and I just went into Parker's room to make sure he was covered so he wasn't cold.  I was happy to see that he covered himself up pretty well, even though he did move his bed up against the door (what can I say...the kid frequently rearranges his room at nap time).  When I was backing up to leave the room I noticed that his head was laying on his diaper.  You know what that means...no diaper under the blanket.  Awwwwwesome.  Thank God everything was still dry under there.  I sure hope he gets over this whole taking the diaper off business soon.  While it's better than it was about a month ago (I swear I must've put his diaper back on him about 7 times during one nap time one day), it'll be nice when this phase has passed.  My luck is that he'll continue to do it until I potty train him in the Fall.
  • My dad and his wife, Esther, visited us for 10 days last week.  It was nice to have them here and show them around our current home.  As if one group of family isn't enough excitement, my siblings will be flying in next week!  We can't wait to hug them and spend time with them!!
I do have a lot of blogging to do, so I'm going to wrap my thoughts up for now and hopefully get started on some of that before the boys wake up from their naps.  xoxo